Saturday, March 28, 2009

Nike Arcade Stick

My friends and I wanted an arcade stick to play street fighter 4 on, but sadly the prices for the actual street fighter 4 joystick are a bit high.



More so we wanted two, so paying 600 dollars wasn't really an option.

So I looked around and found a few places selling different style joysticks and buttons, eventually finding a decent deal for two happ joysticks and 14 buttons for 35 bucks.

The rest of the parts, besides a few small things from radioshack, I had lying around the house.

Since I didn't have any spare wood around, or any decent tools to cut said wood, I went with the next best thing, cardboard.


Once I realized it was strong enough to survive a few beatings I moved onto something a bit less horrendous looking....


Of course the only thing I had readily available were a lot of leftover shoe boxes.

Not much for looks unless you're a sneakerhead, but extremely fun to play on.


Built from two xbox 360 controllers(one wired, one wireless), some happ joysticks and buttons, an old remote, and two Nike shoeboxes.


All in all it cost around 40 dollars, minus the xbox 360 controllers, shoe boxes and remote from 1984, since they had been just lying around collecting dust.

Not bad considering the alternative.

No comments: